- Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
- Which Information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information:
- The first type is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering and/or using the Site. Non-Personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site, type of operating system, User’s ‘click-stream’ or searches on the Site, referral URL, type and version of browser and keyboard language, screen resolution, etc. In addition, our authorized third party service providers may collect Non-personal information, such as User’s advertising identifiers. We note that we may collect, use and provide access to the User’s advertising identifier in accordance with the applicable platform provider’s policies.
b. The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature. Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided voluntarily by the User or other Users to the Service.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address (or Mac Address, as applicable) mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes as further detailed below.
- In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User:
- The Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide in the Registration Form available on the Site, which includes the following: full name, e-mail address and place of residence. In addition, when updating their profile, the User may also provide, at his/her sole discretion, information such as photos, languages spoken, name, gender, birthdates, etc.
- Alternatively, a User can open an Account and signup to the Site via existing third party accounts (namely Facebook, Twitter and Google+) used by such User (“Social Network Account”). In the event that a User registers to the Site through his/her existing Social Network Account, then such Social Network Account provides us with access to certain information about such User as is stored in the User’s Social Network Account, namely, the User’s full name and email and/or any other information which is detailed and displayed to the User in the notice which appears during the integration process with such Social Network Account. Please read carefully such notice in order to understand what information is made available to us via your Social Network Account. We may collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable us to access your Social Network Account in order to collect the above mentioned data contained within your Social Network Account which you provided us access to. We may store the above-mentioned information (or any part of it), in order to achieve the purposes set forth herein. Please remember that the manner in which social networks use, store or disclose your information is governed solely by their policies and we will have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of such social networks. If you do not agree to these practices please do not use the social network integration feature. You hereby agree that such information will be stored even after the linkage to your Social Network Account expires, for any reason.
- If you wish to become a Host, you will be required to submit through our Site an application, prior to your registration, in which you will be requested to provide certain information, which may include Personal Information, such as photos. You will be required to provide additional information at a later stage, during your profile update process.
- In addition, to the extent that you wish to make a Reservation, you will have the option to use certain Online Payment Processors which will require you to fill out a billing form wherein you will be required to provide to such Online Payment Processors certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information) (see section 6 below regarding the payment method). We will not store such information on our servers. We only keep token information such Online Payment Processors provide us with, and such information is strictly secured.
- Portuguese Table do not store any medical information about Users, such as food allergies and/or any other allergies. In the event you have any food allergies or other relevant medical information, make sure you notify to your Host in advance, and in each Reservation you make through the Site, of such information within the Contact Form you fill-in upon your Reservation.
- How Do we Collect Information on Our Users?
There are three main methods we use:
- We collect information through your use of the Site. In other words, when you are using the Site we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party service providers as detailed below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal information which you voluntarily provide when you fill in the contact form and/or during the Registration Process within the Site. We may gather, collect and store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
- We allow third-party authorized service providers to collect certain information when you visit our website. These service providers may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits in this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit the websites of the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info and Networking Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
- What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enhance the User’s experience on the Service (e.g. by determining the screen resolutions) to improve our Service and enable future commercial related services.
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site’s interface, for example, learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on the Service (e.g. understand which features are more popular than others).
- Our authorized third party service providers may collect Non-personal information, such as Advertisement ID, for the purpose of providing you targeted advertisements based on your interest.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enable the overall operation of the Service.
- Personalize your experience on the Service.
- Provide you with certain information and services available only to registered Users.
- Allow third parties to offer you additional services and/or tools relevant to the Service, directly through the Site.
- Allow us to contact you with proposals and tailored information regarding Food Events and other events, offers, services, etc.
- Determine general geo-location information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
- Enable payment through third party Online Payment Processors. Please note that we do not collect and store credit card or other financial information.
- Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Portuguese Table will share Personal Information it collects to the extent that such disclosure is required for operating the Services offered via the Site. Mainly, some of the information collected from you via the Site and Service will be public to some Users, as your Hosts or Guests. Please note that Hosts’ Personal Information (such as address and contact details) will not be disclosed to all Portuguese Table Users, rather only to the relevant Guests who placed a Reservation for Food Event with such Hosts.
Portuguese Table may share personal information with third parties for the purpose of serving you with additional third party services (e.g. marketing tools for Hosts) directly through the Site. Use of such services and tool, including the integration thereof with any Social Network Account (e.g. Facebook), is at your own risk and responsibility and Portuguese Table shall bear no responsibility or liability for any use thereof.
For avoidance of doubt, Portuguese Table may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its own discretion.
- Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to update or modify your Personal Information you can do so within your Account. In the event that you wish to close your Account or delete the Personal Information included therein you may do by sending us an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to do so pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
We will retain and use your Personal Information for a reasonable time after termination as necessary to comply with our legal or business requirements or obligations (including as required by applicable law), to resolve disputes and/or to enforce our Terms. Aggregated and/or anonymous data derived from Account may remain on our servers indefinitely. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period as required to provide you with the Services, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Portuguese Table cannot ensure that third parties who gained access to the Personal Information (e.g. the applicable Guests or Hosts) deleted your Personal Information or monitor their use of such information.
- Social Features
- Cookies & Local Storage
When you access or use the Site or the Service, Portuguese Table may place and use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” and Flash (or similar tracking technologies), which stores certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your Service experience much more convenient and effortless. The cookies used by the Service are created per session, does not include any information about you, other than your session key and are removed as your session ends (usually after 24 hours). It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited.
We may also use certain third-party cookies and web-tracking technologies. These are a different kind of cookies and web-tracking technologies, stored on your computer and/or on your End-Users devices by third parties, rather than by the Company. We do not control such third party service providers.
The above mentioned cookies and other tracking technologies usually store only a Non-personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur. PORTUGUESE TABLE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
- Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials and informing you regarding current and/or Food Events, products and services (offered by the Company and/or by third parties) which may interest you and to send to you advertisements and other marketing material, transmitted to the e-mail address and/or phone number you have provided. You may withdraw your consent via sending a written notice to the Company by email to the following address: email@example.com or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- International Data Transfer
We may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
- Third Party Service Providers
The Site is intended for Users over the age of eighteen (18). Therefore, Portuguese Table does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under this age of eighteen. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under this age are not using the Site.
- Got any Questions?