Having been brought up in a traditional Portuguese family where the grandmother is the boss of the house and a goddess in the kitchen, and a family coming from the countryside where local and homemade products have the taste you can no longer reach in a usual supermarket, I grew up with high standards when it comes to quality produtcs, food and typical traditional dishes.
What makes me want to be a host, is the will to show our visitors those flavours of my region, my city. The ones I grew up with, that few know and less have the chance to taste it genuinely.
Since I consider myself an experienced traveller and having had contact with tourism in my country through work, I decided to provide a journey through typical flavours, culture and history to my fellow guests, in my own house, socializing and fraternizing around a portuguese family table.
• Bread, olive oil, smoked ham, pâtés and mackerel fillets in olive oil and tomato (spicy for the ones who prefer). Accompanied with a glass of “Espumante” (Portuguese champagne);
• “Bifana Conga style” (sandwich with very thin pork steaks, seasoned with garlic and spices; can only be found in Porto) and fresh salad;
• Codfish with corn bread, spinach and onions and fresh salad;
• A fresh local pastry sweet, Glass of Port and coffee.
• The meal will be served with red wine from Douro Valley, water or fresh lemonade.